SENIOR PARTS INVENTORY CLERK
Job Title: Senior Parts Inventory Clerk
Location: Concord, CA
Position: Full Time, Mid-Level
Shift: Monday through Friday, 9AM-6PM
Pacific States Petroleum, Inc. is an on-site fueling company servicing California and Reno, focusing on delivering products like diesel, unleaded, and propane. It all started in May 2001 with one fuel truck, a small location in Pleasant Hill, and a big idea. The idea was to deliver smaller than usual quantities of fuel to customer locations while providing unparalleled customer service. Part of the formula to provide meaningful customer service was by giving a voice to our team members, because we believe that nothing resonates better than a team member who is invested in the process. This helps to provide a positive customer experience, where a dedicated team and highly responsive solutions are only a call away.
A senior heavy truck parts clerk plays a critical role in managing and overseeing the inventory of parts and components specific to heavy trucks, such as those used in the transportation and construction industries. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of heavy truck systems, strong organizational skills, and the ability to effectively manage inventory to support maintenance and repair operations. A senior heavy truck parts clerk is instrumental in maintaining a well-organized and efficient parts department, contributing to the overall success of the heavy truck operations by ensuring that the right parts are available to support maintenance and repair activities.
- Inventory Management: Oversee and manage the inventory of heavy truck parts, ensuring accurate stock levels, tracking usage patterns, and replenishing supplies as needed.
- Order Processing: Process purchase orders for heavy truck parts and accessories. Coordinate with suppliers to ensure timely delivery and negotiate favorable terms to optimize cost-effectiveness.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed and accurate records of all heavy truck parts transactions, including receipts, shipments, and inventory levels. Manage part numbers, descriptions, and relevant data.
- Customer Service: Interact with maintenance technicians, fleet managers, and other staff to understand their heavy truck parts needs. Provide information on availability, pricing, and alternative options when specific parts are not in stock.
- Supervision: In a senior role, there may be responsibilities for supervising and training junior clerks as the company grows. This involves delegating tasks, providing guidance, and ensuring the team’s objectives are met.
- Quality Control: Ensure that all heavy truck parts meet quality standards. Conduct regular inspections and work with suppliers to address any quality issues promptly.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the maintenance and repair departments t anticipate and fulfill their heavy truck parts requirements. Work closely with procurement teams to optimize inventory levels and control costs.
- Experience: Several years of experience in heavy truck parts management or a related field within the transportation or construction industry.
- Heavy Truck Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of heavy truck parts, their functions, and compatibility. Familiarity with various heavy truck makes and models.
- Organizational Skills: Excellent organizational abilities to manage and maintain a large inventory of heavy truck parts. Attention to detail is crucial to ensure the right parts are readily available.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential for interacting with technicians, fleet managers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to analyze and solve problems efficiently, especially when dealing with inventory discrepancies or addressing urgent maintenance needs.
- Supervisory Skills: In senior roles, the ability to lead and supervise a team effectively is important.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in using heavy truck parts management software, MS Office, and other relevant technology tools.
- Customer Focus: A strong focus on providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers and vendors, understanding the specific needs of heavy truck operations, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- 100% Employee Owned and Operated Company
- 100% Paid Employee Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Voluntary Benefits available (STD, LTD, Accident Plan)
- 401K with 3% contribution after 6 months
- FSA Account