Propane OPERATIONS MANAGER
Pacific States Petroleum, Inc. is an on-site fueling company servicing California and Reno, focusing on delivering products like diesel, unleaded, and propane. It all started in May of 2001 with one fuel truck, a small location in Pleasant Hill, and a big idea. The idea was to deliver smaller than usual quantities of fuel to customer locations while providing unparalleled customer service. Part of the formula to provide meaningful customer service was by giving a voice to our team members, because we believe that nothing resonates better than a team member who is invested in the process. This helps to provide a positive customer experience, where a dedicated team and highly responsive solutions are only a call away.
We are looking for a Propane Operations Manager to join our Management Team. This position will travel as needed, but be based in Stockton, CA. You will report to the General Manager of Propane.
- Review performance and productivity of dispatchers and drivers.
- Interviewing and hiring of new operations employees.
- Implement and execute processes and procedures.
- Enforce policies and procedures, and address employee performance if standards aren’t met. Implement corrective action plans as necessary, up to and including terminations.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all departments.
- Effectively communicate expectations with team and conduct annual reviews.
- Ensure trucks are maximized with routing and forecasting techniques.
- Customer service focus on supporting sales team for continued growth.
- Develop and invest time in team members for continued success and personal growth.
- 5+ years of experience as an Operations Manager, Branch Manager, or similar role.
- Previous propane management experience will be given preference.
- Proven ability to effectively lead others, delegate, and set goals.
- Experience with consistent communication with upper management.
- Exceptional decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to remain calm in adverse situations and lead by example.
- 100% Employee Owned and Operated Company
- 100% Paid Employee Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Voluntary Benefits available (STD, LTD, Accident Plan)
- Sick/Vacation/Holiday Pay
- 401K with 3% contribution after 6 months
- FSA Account