Pacific States Petroleum, Inc. is an on-site fueling company servicing California and Reno, focusing on delivering products like diesel, unleaded gasoline, and propane. It all started in May of 2001 with one fuel truck, a small location in Pleasant Hill, and a big idea. The idea was to deliver smaller than usual quantities of fuel to customer locations while providing unparalleled customer service. Part of the formula to provide meaningful customer service was by giving a voice to our team members, because we believe that nothing resonates better than a team
member who is invested in the process. This helps to provide a positive customer experience, where a dedicated team and highly responsive solutions are only a call away.
We are looking for a Fleet Manager to join our Management Team in Concord, CA. As a Fleet Manager, you will manage the corporate fleet by developing focused maintenance strategies, direct a staff of mechanics and maintenance personnel at multiple yards, and oversee fleet related compliance activities and reporting. You will report to the Director of Operations.
- Ensure quality, compliance, and safety of Pacific States Petroleum’s fleet assets.
- Control repair, inventory, and labor costs within the maintenance department.
- Ensure fleet vehicles are maintained and that vehicle preventative maintenance/repairs are properly tracked by managing our Fleetio fleet maintenance software program.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision, motivation, and training of the mechanic personnel. Coaches, mentors, and challenges staff.
- Provide regular communication and guidance and conduct thoughtful annual reviews.
- Monitor effectiveness of the current preventative maintenance program to minimize breakdowns due to failure of systems. Update inspection frequencies as necessary to best meet the goal of 100% reliability.
- Promote a proactive safety-first culture within the maintenance department.
- Collaborate with other Department Managers to ensure efficiency and effectiveness across departments.
- Oversee maintenance workload, priorities, and utilize benchmarking to improve effectiveness and eliminate deficiencies.
- 3-5 years fleet maintenance experience preferred, or at least 3 years of team management.
- 5+ years of diesel mechanic experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong Computer skills: Including MS Office and App based maintenance programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train employees in a team-based environment.
- Proven ability to lead, supervise and make decisions.
- High School diploma required.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Willingness to travel to all yards.
- Tech Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints in a fast-paced environment.
- A diplomatic approach to issues and challenges.
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Capable of working with ambiguity and change.
Benefits & Salary
- Competitive Compensation Package. Salary depends on experience.
- 100% Employee Owned & Operated Company. You can become an Owner after a year of service.
- 401K with 3 salary contribution.
- 100% Paid Employee Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance). Flat rate to add family to benefits.
- Disability Insurance, Accident Plan and FSA available.
- PTO and sick leave available.