Pacific States Petroleum, Inc. is an on-site fueling company servicing California and Reno, focusing on delivering products like diesel, unleaded, and propane. It all started in May of 2001 with one fuel truck, a small location in Pleasant Hill, and a big idea. The idea was to deliver smaller than usual quantities of fuel to customer locations while providing unparalleled customer service. Part of the formula to provide meaningful customer service was by giving a voice to our ream members, because we believe that nothing resonates better than a team member who is invested in the process. This helps to provide a positive customer experience, where a dedicated team and highly responsive solutions are only a call away.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our Sales Team. As an Account Manager for Pacific States Petroleum, you will play a pivotal role in growing the company though a portfolio of accounts. The primary function of the Account Manager is growing strong relationships with clients, becoming an expert in their fuel needs, while providing customized solutions that increase customer loyalty and revenue. You will report to the Director of Sales.
Account Manager Duties
Client Relationship Management
- Establishes, develops, and maintains business relationships with new customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Becomes the primary contact for all customer-related concerns while providing solutions.
- Communicates regularly with clients to stay ahead of their needs.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits to generate interest, submit proposals, and achieve sales results by providing our product(s) and services.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Work with clients to assess consumption patters and operational requirements
- Provide recommendations on pricing, procurement strategies, and market trends
- Submits orders with detailed notes about the customer’s service request, delivery instructions and billing information
Account Growth Retention
- Identify upsell opportunities for additional products and services that meet clients needs
- Proactively manage customer volume and pricing to address challenges and grow profitability
- Manage existing accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule
- Resolves customer situations by investigating problems, reviewing solutions, and making sound decisions
- Maintains professional and technical publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
Cross Functional Collaboration
- Coordinates sales effort with administration, dispatch, and management to ensure smooth transition
- Participate in regular sales and operations meetings and contribute to discussions to strategically improve our customer offerings
Customer service, meeting sales goals, closing skills, territory management, prospecting skills, negotiation, self-confidence, product knowledge, presentation skills, client relationships, motivation for sales, time management, and disciplined in sales.
- 100% Employee Owned and Operated Company
- 100% Paid Employee Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Voluntary Benefits available (STD, LTD, Accident Plan)
- 401K with 3% contribution after 6 months
- FSA Account
We provide a generous base salary, plus commission plan.
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 plus commission
Job Type: Full-time